Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Gluten Free Chili

I used to make chili with a mix I bought at the grocery store. This mix contained wheat so I couldn't eat it. Then, my good friend Sharon gave me this recipe and I have enjoyed chili, again!



 Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef

1 cup chopped onions

3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper

1 16 oz can (2cups) tomatoes, broken up

1 16 oz can (2 cups) red kidney beans, undrained

1 8 oz can tomato sauce

1 teaspoon salt, or to taste

2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)

Preparation:

- In heavy skillet, cook meat, onion and green pepper until meat is lightly browned

and vegetables are tender.

- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

- Serve topped with your favorite toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced green onions, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment